Make sure you have the LATEST Shareaza! This is the official Shareaza FAQ by Kevin O'Toole, which contains the most frequently asked questions about the Shareaza P2P Client. If you cannot find your question here please look or ask in the Help and Support or New Users forums.
PLEASE UPGRADE TO THE LATEST SHAREAZA if you are having trouble connecting to networks. http://www.shareaza.com/download/
If you are unable to connect to Gnutella or Gnutella2, it is most likely that the discovery services shipped with Shareaza don't exist or work anymore.
- Click these links if you are having troubles connecting to Gnutella2.
- Isuldor GWebCache, Jonatkins GWebCache, Cryptnet GWebCache
- And for Gnutella connectivity, click on these links.
- MyNapster GWebCache, BearShare GWebCache, XoloX GWebCache
- Since Shareaza also has a problem auto-querying discovery services at the moment, press F9 in Shareaza and right-click > query on at least one GWebCache from both groups. Restart Shareaza after you have queried the GWebCaches.
- How can I connect to this network?
- If I can't search the network, how do I download files?
- How can I continue sharing the file through BitTorrent?
- What do "Choked" and "Uninterested" mean?
- Why can't Shareaza find any sources?
- I am firewalled... can I still download from BitTorrent?
- BitTorrent links don't open up with Shareaza... why not?
- I heard about trackerless torrents, how exactly do they work?
- TorrentAid says it creates decentralized torrents, how does Shareaza use these?
- What is a firewall and can I download from someone that has a firewall?
- How do I make Shareaza work with Norton Personal Firewall 2002?
- How do I make Shareaza work with a DI-604 D-Link Router?
- How do I turn off the XP Firewall to enable Shareaza connection?
- How do I connect to G2 through a router?
- How do I configure ZoneAlarm to connect to G2?
- Gnutella2 (G2)
- How do I add new files and folders to the library?
- What is the difference between Physical and Organiser?
- What does hashing mean?
- Why is it taking so long to hash my files?
- What do Scan and Rebuild do?
- What do Copy URI and Export URIs... do?
- How do I comment on and rate a file?
- What is metadata?
- What is Bitzi.com? (View Bitzi Ticket, Acquire Metadata)
- Shareaza keeps rehashing my files, why does it do this?
- Why does Shareaza crash when I play videos?
- What is the difference between Preview and Smart Preview?
- Is there any way to control the Shareaza media player without having it in focus?
- I don't want to use Shareaza to play my files, how do I play with my default player?
- What are .ogg files and why can't I play them?
- P2P Links
- Why am I getting few or no search results?
- Why are some files in bold and different colors?
- It says some results are availiable but filtered out. Why? And how can I see these results?
- What does the rating column mean in results?
- What do the numbers after a user mean in search results? (e.g. kevogod+5)
- What do the various symbols/icons in the status column mean?
- What are the + signs next to files on the Search (and Transfer) screen for?
- My download speed is high, but the progress bar isn't moving as fast. Why not?
- What does No Sources mean?
- What does Queued mean?
- My download says Active, but isn't transferring. What gives?
- My download was transferring before, but it suddenly stopped and cannot connect to any sources.
- My download is finished but Shareaza won't move it to the completed file folder. Why not?
- Everytime my download finishes, Shareaza dumps some of the file and starts to redownload! What's the problem?
- How can I restrict bandwidth for uploads and downloads?
- What does the green strip on the progress bar mean while downloading?
- How does the upload progress bar work?